I was working with a Demo App and after a successful deployment to Azure (I made it past the Initialize, Starting, and now it was Running). I have a Web Role and a Worker Role. I tried hitting the website (something like http://mysampleapp.cloudapp.net) and all I got was “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”…the typical Site Unavailable message. It took me a while to figure out what the problem was and finally found that the default port for my web role was set to 8080 instead of 80. It was an easy switch by going to the properties of my role in VS 2010…silly mistake that took a while to figure out. Hopefully I save someone a few minutes with this tip.