Today it was announced that Team Foundation Service is officially out of Beta and it is completely free for teams of up to 5 people. They will announce other service plans in the future (2013) and it is expected that if you have an MSDN account you will have additional subscription options.
What do you get with TFS Service?
- Source Control
- Work Item Tracking (Stories, Bugs, Tasks)
- Agile Planning
- Automated Builds (this part is still in beta)
- You can access it from Visual Studio, Microsoft Test Manager, Eclipse, Xcode
- Collaboration (Feedback requests, storyboarding, code reviews)
How do you access the service?
- The new service URL is http://tfs.visualstudio.com
Here is the full announcement: http://tfs.visualstudio.com/en-us/home/news