A few days ago, Microsoft released Visual Studio 2013 Update 1. Unlike previous updates, there is no accompanying TFS Update released wit this one. There are no major feature changes in this update. Per Brian Harry’s blog, expect bigger changes in VS and TFS for update 2.
Here is the update process:
- You most likely got a notification in the new Notifications section of Visual Studio
- Clicking on the link takes you to the Extensions and Updates dialog
- Click on the Update button to get started with the download and install
- You will get a warning about Visual Studio still being open, so close VS and click on Retry.
- Now agree to terms and click on Install
- Then go through the Acquiring/Applying phase
- And less than 5 minutes later you are done!
Here is some information about the update:
KB 2911573: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2911573
VS 2013 Update 1: http://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/2014-jan-20-vs
Download directly from here: http://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs#d-visual-studio-2013-update-1